Tuesday, January 26, 2010

7th AND FINAL STATE OF EDUCATION ADDRESS BY SUPERINTENDENT OF PUBLIC INTRUCTION O’CONNELL

 

By Canan Tasci | Inland Valley Daily Bulletin Education Now blog

Here is the text of State Superintendent of Public Instruction Jack O'Connell's seventh and final State of Education Address.

The address was given Friday 1/22  at 11 a.m. :

Jack.jpg"Good morning. I am pleased to see that so many close friends and associates have come from both near and far to be here today.

Each year I look forward to this day because it gives me the opportunity to speak directly to the education community, policy makers, and the citizens of California about the status of education; where we stand as educators; as a state; and more importantly, how our students are faring.

To begin with, I want to express my sincere appreciation to the entire education community and parents around the state for preparing our children for their successful future.

It is for your work that I am today both grateful and hopeful. Grateful because we have made so much progress during very challenging times. Hopeful because I know we can build on this progress, even as our challenges grow. "

No comments: