Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Off-topic/On-the-mark: BBC INTERVIEW WITH FORD CEO ALAN MULALLY

by smf for LAKidsNews

12 October 2010 - As a retired businessperson (if the entertainment industry is a business and not a scam) and a product of business school I am not a fan of those who would apply business practice and models to public education. The return-0n-investment/deliverables of public education are not widgets or software or contracts or box office receipts – they are the very future itself in fragile human form, delivered a generation later.

I worry about this stuff; it keeps me up at night. At the crack-of-early this AM I listened to this programme from the Beeb. I suggest you listen too – Ford CEO Alan Mulally is not focused on the bottom line or the investors and the return-on – he is focused on The Enterprise itself.

As educators we can learn from this guy.  - smf

No comments: