Thursday, October 02, 2014

MESSAGE FROM MICHELLE KING, Senior Deputy Superintendent - School Operations

by email to all employees | 10/01/2014 8:32 PM (GMT-08:00)

Los Angeles Unified School District

October 1, 2014

Colleagues,

I would like to address concerns raised recently in news reports about my communication to the LA School Board.

My commitment to Superintendent John E. Deasy is resolute. I am 100 percent proud of the achievement, innovation and lives we have changed under his leadership. As discussions started to surface about a post-Deasy LAUSD, I was compelled to notify the Board of my willingness to serve as a short-term bridge for continuity in the event that it was necessary.

I strongly believe in the work and accomplishments Superintendent Deasy has led over these last three years. My offer is solely to continue to serve our students by fulfilling our vision of graduating every youth ready for college and career.

Sincerely,

Michelle King

Michelle King
Senior Deputy Superintendent
School Operations

No comments: